LisaFicTalk

Lisa (Fic Talk)

Reader, reviewer & blogger.

Sempre (Forever, #1)
J.M. Darhower
Progress: 21 %
The Immortal Highlander
Karen Marie Moning
Undercurrent
Paul Blackwell

Desires of the Dead (Body Finder Series #2)

Desires of the Dead (Body Finder Series #2) - I just finished this book and I have to say that it did not let down!Derting really delivered in the second book of The Body Finder novels.It was edgy, intriguing, and suspenseful.There was also quite a bit more angst than the last book.Violet has a lot more to deal with this time around and she doesn't want to involve her family and Jay. She felt guilty for what happened to Jay because of her the last time she was in danger. And she couldn't bear it if anything happened again. In this book we saw how much their relationship had developed. They were so committed, totally in love, and getting closer everyday. In fact, they were getting really close in taking their relationship to the next step. I have to say that I really love these two as a couple. They have this connection, they're just so comfortable with each other. It was nice to read.Also, this time around we get a more in depth look at Violet's gift of sensing the dead. The way they call to her, the effects the auras have on her. And someone outside her family and Jay may have found out her secret. And it's not just anyone, it's the FBI. The pressure is really placed on Vi's shoulders this time around. Sara Priest, the agent, is pushing her to reveal her gift, and there's this boy who hangs around her that seems to have a secret himself as well. The introduction of these characters poses a new dynamic to the series. Like, will there be more characters with 'gifts'?Anyway, there's drama, teenage antics, romance, mystery and danger lurking almost everywhere in this installment. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys paranormal mysteries with a cute love story.