LisaFicTalk

Lisa (Fic Talk)

Reader, reviewer & blogger.

Sempre (Forever, #1)
J.M. Darhower
Progress: 21 %
The Immortal Highlander
Karen Marie Moning
Undercurrent
Paul Blackwell

The Guy Next Door: Ready, Set, JettGail's Gone WildJust One Taste (Hqn)

The Guy Next Door - Victoria Dahl, Lori Foster, Susan Donovan Each novella had a little bit of everything to suck me in and keep me engrossed within its pages to the very end.I gave it 4 stars because the last piece cut off too soon in my opinion and I was a little irked by that. But to be honest... it was really well done.Lori Foster does a wonderful job of setting up the scene for her new series featuring hot, uber alpha males. Jett was sexy as hell and my only problem was that there wasn't enough of him. I'm looking forward to reading The Men Who Walk The Edge Of Honor books. Lori's writing was flawless, sensual, and captivating. In this novella we saw how a relationship developed between Jett and Natalie.It went from being a no strings attached agreement, to something deeper, something more, that was heated and completely satisfying. I loved it.Susan Donovan brought us Jesse the mysterious next door neighbor. He's exotic, hot, attractive, and a famous writer. And Gail, the professor from Pennsylvania. She's the mother of a soon to be college student who's in dire need of a vacation. She made the decision to chaperon her daughter and her friend to Key West on Spring Break. Gail was able to relax and enjoy herself, and find a little love in the process. Susan did a lovely job with this piece, it was sweet, fun, and sexy.Victoria Dahl gave us a taste of her upcoming new trilogy featuring the Donovan Brothers Brewery. Dahl's writing is, as per usual, fast paced, intriguing, and smooth. Eric and Beth's relationship was filled with such sexual tension, it was amazing and kept me turning the pages. She's set up a good beginning with the introduction of the Donovan family and their business and their personalities. Reading that just left me wanting more. I'm really looking forward to see how this plays out.