LisaFicTalk

Lisa (Fic Talk)

Reader, reviewer & blogger.

Sempre (Forever, #1)
J.M. Darhower
Progress: 21 %
The Immortal Highlander
Karen Marie Moning
Undercurrent
Paul Blackwell

Something So Right

Something So Right - Elyse Mady 1.5 Stars I don't even know what to say about this story. The idea of it was what drew me in, but the writing didn't hold me. Le Sigh. Kinda sad, actually.I was really hoping for some great romance story between these two people who have been best friends since they were kids, but all I gotwas an annoying heroine who was back and forth too much over herfeelings for her best guy friend in the whole entire world.I get that she was in an abusive relationship a couple years ago that really shook her, but she kept saying that her therapist had helped her get over that period during her two year worth of visits.I'm sympathetic. I really am. But she didn't even make the effort to have those love inspired FEELINGS for Sam.I had to speed read through a couple of scenes; it wasn't all that captivating.Lily, that's her name, was the one who propositioned Sam and yet she kept backing away when he tried to keep up his end of the bargain.Ahh. I can't even. And Sam, that's his name, was so devastatingly in love with her thateven though she time and time again called what they were doing - a two week, purely physical, fling - nothing, still couldn't stop doing her bidding at the end of the day and basically pining over her. SIGH SIGH SIGH. *Shakes head*Overall, the best thing about this book was the really great love scenes.