LisaFicTalk

Lisa (Fic Talk)

Reader, reviewer & blogger.

Sempre (Forever, #1)
Undercurrent
Paul Blackwell

The Fetish Box: Part 3 Review

The Fetish Box, Part Three: What Remains - Nicole Camden

Sigh. I can't even. Review to come soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's taken me a very long time to review this series but I finally think that I can...almost nine months later.

Overall, I did not like the series, but I also didn't hate it. The only good thing it had going for it was the fact that the writing style was easy to follow along with. I mean, it wasn't pretentious or flowery or even heavily bogged down with words that most people do not use in real life. While those may not be bad things under certain circumstances, in this case I was glad it was all left out.

So yeah, the writing was okay. Passable, even. But that isn't all it takes to write a book, is it? No.

Let's get to the actual story and its non-existent plot. Yes, that is the biggest fault with these books for me. What was the point of them? Was it just meant to be a bunch of books where the MC loses her virginity? Because essentially that is all it was. And let me be honest, it fell beyond flat. Flatter than a freaking crepe, but I digress.

I honestly did not see the point in any of it, and if I had to buy 3 different books just to get one or two measly sex scenes then I would rather spend my money elsewhere. No one wants to spend money on books that have no rhyme or reason to them. I wanted expected was a well-rounded story about a girl who loses the mother she never knew, who then inherits said mother's sex shop and BDSM party business. She also inherits all her mother's friends. Everyone seemed to love her mother, everyone was blessed enough to have known this supposedly amazing and caring woman--but her own daughter!

And did the main character actually gather any knowledge about the woman her mother was from these people?...Nope. Frustrating to the nth degree, I tell ya.

All she seems to gain is the men in her mother's life--who may or may not have been past lovers. Epic EW. Brain bleach is needed immediately after that thought crosses through your mind.

There isn't much growth in the MC, she essentially just finds her first lover in one of the men who also adored her mother and that's all she wrote. Literally.

In the end, I had to question whether this whole series was all just a dream and not something that I actually wasted my precious reading time on.

An Advance copy was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.